Be Part of a Growing and Vibrant Community
While you will love being at your home in Adare Grove, the local area also offers an abundance of opportunities, along with social and leisure activities.
Gatton is the major town in the Lockyer Valley. It has a town boundary population of approximately 7500 while the greater Lockyer Regional Council area has a population of some 40,000.
Many of the long-term locals in Gatton and the surrounding centres are descended from the German immigrants who made up the majority of early settlers in the area in the mid 1800’s.
These days it is a community that welcomes people from all walks of life who have chosen it as their home.
The Lockyer Valley has traditionally relied heavily on horticulture/agriculture and associated industries such as transport. This will always be the case, however the local economy has begun to evolve in recent years.
The area is one of Australia’s primary ‘salad bowls’ producing a wide range of fruit and vegetables. The rich black and red soils, reliable water sources, and close proximity to the Brisbane markets and national transport routes, makes the Lockyer Valley a vital supplier of the nation’s fresh produce.
(However, as a resident of the Lockyer Valley you will find that you don’t have to go too far to find fresh local produce with plenty of vendors stocking products straight from the farm.)
With government spending on infrastructure necessitated by growth in SE Queensland, travel times to major centres have become dramatically reduced. This in turn means the Lockyer Valley is fast becoming a viable option for those wishing to settle in SE Queensland but be located away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
With a growing local population, we are seeing a wide range of new business and employment opportunities presenting themselves.
- The Lockyer Valley, Toowoomba, Ipswich and Brisbane regions host a variety of major and community events all year round.
- Gatton has a good selection of pubs, clubs, cafes, restaurants and specialty dining experiences.
- Just up the range, in recent years Toowoomba has developed a diverse and vibrant food culture to rival the capital cities.
- Lake Wivenhoe (44km) and Somerset Dam (63km) are ideal for watersports, picnics, and day trips.
- Lake Clarendon is just 7.5km from the estate
- Caloundra/Sunshine Coast is approximately 160km by road
- Gold Coast is approximately 140km by road
The Lockyer, Brisbane, and Bremer Valleys form a scenic and picturesque region with a rich history. Centres such as Gatton, Esk, Coominya, Lowood, Plainland, Forest Hill, Laidley, Grandchester, and Rosewood all have places of interest to explore, find hidden treasures, chat with the locals, and learn.
Gatton has a network of various community groups, clubs, and services catering to people of all ages and interests.
Some of these include:
- Service organisations (Rotary, Lions, RSL etc.)
- Sporting clubs and facilities (golf, bowls, soccer, league, AFL, UQ Rugby, athletics, swimming, tennis and more)
- Arts and cultural groups